The Long Range Solution is based on the SiiTech AIS Server and SiiTech Web VTS products and provides an affordable long-range fleet traffic monitoring and management system for shipping companies.
The Internet-based long-range online AIS marine traffic monitoring and management system assists shipping companies to:
- Control fleet in real-time at any location
- Investigate accidents (unlimited history replay function)
- Receive Actual Time of Arrival notifications at any predefined zone
- Receive Actual Time of Departure notifications at any predefined zone
- Obtain Actual Berth Time
- Calculate an Estimated Time of Arrival to any desired point(s)
- Send messages to AIS-equipped ships
- Receive messages from AIS-equipped ships
- Create sophisticated reports
- Trigger alarms
- Make decisions in operational actions
- The ship must have a PC with satellite Internet connection.
- The ship must have an installed AIS transponder.
- The AIS transponder must be connected to a PC.
If you like this solution but do not have satellite Internet connection on your ships, contact us and we will provide you with a similar (even more affordable) solution based on your satellite communication system.
Follow these five simple steps:
- Download and install SiiTech AIS Server Lite (see Downloads)
- Connect your working AIS transponder to the computer through a serial or network interface
- Specify the connection type of your AIS device in SiiTech AIS Server Lite
- Start AIS Server Lite
- See the ship position at http://vtslite.siitech.com/VTSLite
Note: If your COM port connection is using a setting other than default, you will have to change the default settings accordingly. If you are using a network AIS device, you will have to specify its TCP address and port number. For more information see the AIS Server Administrator’s Guide.
This solution supports S57 and S63 nautical charts, Open Street, Bing and Google maps.